The economy of UAE is mostly nurtured by its energy industry. Our team of lawyers are experts in energy industries in UAE as well as energy related issues, from oil and gas (including oil sands and LNG) to power (including renewable energies like wind, hydro and biomass) and from pipelines energy services and infrastructure to utilities. Our clients include undertakers of both domestic and international energy projects in critical areas such as project finance, commercial contracts, taxation, siting, permitting, environmental assessment etc. We provide advices with regard to regulatory matters as well as transactions with aboriginal communities, large industrial end-users on energy cost hedging strategies, emissions trading and energy contracts.
The renewable energy practice at Maxims Legal Consultants consists of a multi-disciplinary group of lawyers from across UAE. We understand that things such as timely completion of environmental assessments, receipt of permits and licenses, assembly of land positions and siting, commercial contracts, project finance and structuring, negotiations with First Nations and government relations are all an integral part of the process for project proponents. It is this firsthand experience, combined with our industry-centered approach that has made our team unique in its ability to meet clients’ requirements.
We have a broad range of experience advising and representing project proponents, lending institutions, equipment and technology suppliers, contractors and community groups in relation to the following:
• Project acquisition and financing
• Site acquisitions and land leases
• Project structuring and tax planning to optimize benefits of a project and employment arrangements
• Project contracts, such as joint venture, power purchase, turbine supply, construction, operation and maintenance agreements
• Design, development, construction and operation of wind, hydro-electric, biomass, waste-to-energy, run-of-river and other forms of renewable energy production facilities
• Obtaining approvals government regulatory bodies and assisting with complex regulatory compliance
• Development and commercialization of clean technologies